Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dog versus Cat?

Have patience with all things, but first of all with yourself.

-St. Francis de Sales

First of all Ramadan Kareem bloggers…I know you ppl thought I was already dead and buried and was just starting to write your condolences…but you can give a girl a break can't you?…blame it on the time of the month…summer holidays…family drama…love…or simply boredom…BUT you should really blame it on my dog…

It all started in july 2007….in this glorious day called my BD (by the way I haven't received ONE not ONE happy birthday) Is it too much to ask and send me a BD card or go to Mouaad*…lol anyway you can add THAT on the list of NOT keeping in touch…

* a famous jewelry place in the middle east quite like Tiffanys..

Anyway in this glorious day called my BD..a friend of mine parked his glorious red flashy Ferrari jewel in front of Buddah Bar…Paris…
Yes a dinner was planned for my honor…and Yes I have interesting friends :)…what better to be the queen of the day…with friends…acquaintances…and my brothers (well that is not really the fun part)…
But what made it really special is what my Ferrari friend bought with him…it was a bag and in the bag….yes you guessed it…the most adorable tiny shivering not- quite- sure- it -is –a- living being DOG …

"3ogbal 100 sana ya gamar!" **

** may you live a 100 years moonlight…something we usually say at BDs the 100 years part not the moon light part :)…

All I could do as a physical response is squeak and hug my friend at the same time…(I could be such a girl sometimes)…
It was sooooooooo cute…I dropped everything and started "bouging bouging" it…but since dogs were not allowed in restaurants and especially in an All noise, Suhi eating ,Belly dancing ones…we had to hide it underneath the table….

Later that night…a scream came out from an apartment…Our apartment…it was mom…and no it was not of joy….

Before I go any further…quick explanation…in most Muslim countries Dogs are considered quite filthy…you can have them in your garden…hunt with them…but not really cuddle them and kiss them…and definitely not have them in the living room…in a 5 bedroom apartment…It is said because something in their saliva is not quite hygienic and it breaks your ablutions for praying…but what about CATS then? There is nothing more hypocrite and detestable than cats to me…they don't know you till they are hungry…if you die she will survive and find herself another slave…(7 lives they really have a long way to go )…they sleep all day or cruise around the house as if it is theirs…they cause a million allergies….and if it is a female….it sleeps with half the neighborhood…where do you think that patched kitten came from????!!!!!….

But try explaining THAT to my mother…I promised to take care of it …she wont even notice it is in the house and it will definitely not come near her side of the house…I will clean…feed…burp…take a walk…put to sleep..play with it…..

"NO!"

That was quite definite and direct…I called my Ferrari friend…(why do I keep calling him that???!!not very humanly)…his name is Aboudi…so I called Aboudi up in tears and told him to take the dog back…it was useless…

At the apartment's doorstep Aboudi tried to reason with me and cheer me up…and said things like…" I will keep it till you reason with your mom or better yet I will give it to you in Saudi and you can see what happens there…"
I was leaning on his car…my eyes fell on a really deep scratch…I am not a car obsessed freak nor a dramatic over tiny bumps on cars but that must have been upsetting…
"you have a really deep scratch Aboudi…hope it wasn't me!"
"Oh yeah…no that was in London…somebody scratched it with keys on purpose when I was at a restaurant"
"You must be joking!!!!!"
"Wallah…"***

*** meaning I promise you

He then said maybe it was the license plate that triggered it since it was written Saudi Arabia….or an envious anti "hot" cars …or an anti "hot" cars that isn't his….
But that so weird though…London is full of Russians…Asians…Swiss…Americans…that do not have a "british" car…I mean who has a "british" car????!!!!... Everything is upside down…no one wants to complicate their lives…they want to have a break….Its summer for God's Sake!!!!

But it is really Aboudi's fault I mean why flaunt it to complete envious ignorant savages…If you need to flaunt it then flaunt it to civilized people that really appreciate a red flashy jewel Ferrari when they see it…I mean the creator really did put his inspiration into the machine…its curves…its passionate colors…even its noise is one of a woman making love…..(how do I know?)…I have brothers AND Italian friends….so trust me… I know…. (not going to see a Ferrari the same way again are you? ;p

But back to my problem…I am in Saudi now and my dog too….Aboudi wants to give it to me…My mom is anti dog Semitic but my dad is a bit skeptical will try to break the shell with some feminine pleading…any other ideas?

11 comments:

MrFur said...

lol..for what it's worth..happy birthday :p
and always amusing anecdotes as usual...bas ya 7abtha if the posting frequency goes up ever so slightly! btw. would it be out of the question to introduce the opinions of other skools of thought on the matter of najasa, as not all scholars agree on the whole dog being najis, in fact i think the skin/fur is considered pure by the majority..look it up if you like

Anonymous said...

I'm Anti dog 2. So I suggest PUTTING IT UP FOR ADOPTION. you can do that online btw.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love dogs too they're adorable creature! Unfortunately I'm living in a religious muslim area so they won't allow me to have dogs. They say archangel Gabriel won't come to their houses if dogs around. So I all I can do is just sniffs sniffs hiks hiks.

But fortunately one of my friends in differeng area do have dogs and I came to her house often and play with her dogs! They love my presence and I'm in love with them!
They are really adorable! Esspecially the little.

My sugestion is I think if you can't have a dog, you can find someone who can have dogs and play with them. Because dogs can make close friendship with not only their owner, but also with their owner's friends. They always remember things and people! They are indeed man's best friend!

And yes I hate cats too, they're annoying and demanding and ignorant and they don't recognize your friends, and their furs make you cold and sneeze all the times!

EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR said...

FIRSTLY YOUR FERRARI FRIEND IS A DICKHEAD FOR GIVING YOU A DOG AS A BD GIFT. WHEN WILL PEOPLE KNOW THAT PETS ARE A HUGE RESPONSIBILITY. THEY ARE NOT GIFTS THAT YOU CAN GIVE TO ANYONE. YOUR PET IS PART OF THE FAMILY AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CARE FOR IT UNTIL IT GOES TO DOGGY HEAVEN. THATS THE PROBLEM IN THE ESATERN WORLD ESPECIALLY TOO MANY PETS ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF DICKHEADS.
SECONDLY I THINK THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING IN ISLAM: THE DOG IS NAJIS AND GABRIEL WILL NOT VISIT IF YOU HAVE A DOG IN THE HOUSE. LOOOOOOOOOL, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME ARCHANGEL GABRIEL VISITED YOU? DOES HE TAKE ONE OR TWO SUGARS IN HIS TEA? NOW LETS GET SERIOUS, IF YOU CANNOT KEEP THE POOR DOG MAKE SURE YOU FIND HIM A GOOD HOME THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF HIM FOR LIFE. A HOME THAT WILL MAKE HIM FEEL LIKE HE IS A MEMBER OF THE FAMILY. THAT DOGS LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. AND GO KICK FERRARI JOCK IN THE BALLS FOR HIS STUPID IDEA. BY THE WAY IN FRANCE DOGS ARE ALLOWED IN RESTAURANTS.

HRH KING AL RASHID.

mashael alhajeri said...

mr fur: lol i will try my very best ;) well to me it is defenitely not "najis" but i wont go to the point of sleeping with it and it licking me all over the face in the morning...x x x

anonymous: how could u?????;p even if it looked u with that innocent puppy eye innocent i am lost look????!!!!!! u monster!!!! ;p x x x

someguyfromplanet:thats a great idea!!! and that is what i will probably do at the end...thanks hon x x x

HRH: always so delicate with words i see :)...my friend is a "smart" HEAD and a "sweet" HEART for choosing a person like me...who absolutely ADORE animals..dont u know the saying" the more i know ppl the more i love my dog"...;)it could be applied in this particuliar moment actually....;p
but if it wont live with me we will figure smth out...i will even make IT send u postcards from time to time to keep u posted ;p x x x

p.s: well i don't think it is smth u have to worry about really darling...ridiculously unthinkable to have the angel Gabriel pop in one day at your place to sip tea with you...:) x x x

Unknown said...

I'm probably coming in late and you may have already had a resolution but wanted to let you know if you are not aware, check out saudipets@yahoogroups.com as it is a great newsgroup for all of us who do enjoy and appreciate pets in the Kingdom. 'fraid I fall into that "detested" cat category but c'est'la vie. If we were all the same life could get pretty boring!

And if you are in Riyadh, check out Life & Nature pet store...it's great!

American Bedu

Trevelyana said...

Whatever happened to washing its mouth 7 times or something.. then you can totally keep it right? My islamic education is a bit rusty from elementary school but i could've sworn I remember that. Besides, dogs are the thing these days in saudi.. tell mommy to get with the times ;)

mashael alhajeri said...

hey carol "american bedu" ;p...thanks for the tip...the website is great!!!!! appreciate it...thanks x x x

trevelyana: looool...no its "oudou" 7 times ;) but i don't do that... i just wash my hands...and sometimes use this anti germ thingie... :P...and u would love to know i kept the dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Unknown said...

as its clear for Mashael dogs are nice and she like them.it is not her fault that there are some costums. take care of ur dog in best way u can.i Have cat,rabbit, dog all together make their friendship. i love them ..each of them has special character :D my cat has anyway behaviour like dog still follow me want to play...:)

Unknown said...

as its clear for Mashael dogs are nice and she like them.it is not her fault that there are some costums. take care of ur dog in best way u can.i Have cat,rabbit, dog all together make their friendship. i love them ..each of them has special character :D my cat has anyway behaviour like dog still follow me want to play...:)