Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Frenchie in town…(part I)

No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you.

-Althea Gibson

I am writing this post...because the previous post still hurts...so it is my way to keep my mind of things...But please don't hesitate to comment on both...It might help me move on...thanks...love you all x x x x

This story will be held in two parts since you have to know the beginning….(how it all started) and the end…(how it all ended..duh!)

Anyway it was my 13 birthday and my parents sent us away (my brother and I) to a summer school in the states B.C. (before crash..the 9/11 one)..We never went back A.C…. since it was too much to handle for my mom to see the security guard looking through her make up bag for an hour…

Like I was saying my parents sent us away for two major reasons…1) to get rid of us…2) To not see us for a whole month and get rid of us…
I was quite glad though… I love new experiences and this one seemed promising….My brother was not that enthusiastic…He was in his aggressive phase and tried desperately to get a full "saksouka" meaning "gottie" from his scarce facial hair by shaving every single morning…(not happening!!!!) and plus he was moaning through the whole flight about not seeing his "shila" meaning "gang" for a whole month….
"wija3 benetfash!!!"….meaning "damm we're gonna be so bored"…

Must be really hard to be a teen when you are a guy….I mean I thought we had trouble but jeeez…you people are worse…with the mood swings and the facial hair and the uncontrollable........................ok you got the picture…

Anyway I loved the school and I loved my roommates even more….But I didn't get to see my brother often…Seeing that I was younger…I was put in another department…At first it kind of scared me…But soon enough I was having so much fun that I forgot all about him…Except when he came to pat me on the head and check my physical state... then I would leave everything to go and sit with him…

It is funny but since that young age I always got my ways with men…My brothers were not as different as the others…My family has the strictest macho guys you have ever seen…It is all a question of ego and making them feel needed…I always got my way softly& femininely by making them think it was their way…very simple and always works..…

Anyway it was in this school that I met Eloi .…My French friend to be…According to him he is grounded because of his grades…Therefore his parents sent him to the states to punish him..(Talk about a punishment)…lol

"I haaate it heeere Masha..it iz horribol…I am living in a tuna can and ze water of ze shower is not calcareous.. yesterday, I stayed in ze putain (meaning f***) shower for an hour to remove ze soap…Tu te rends comptes? ( meaning can you imagine?) when I tink dat I could be wid my cousins in La Cote D'azur a ce moment (meaning In that moment)!!!! "

Yes he was a "walad mama" meaning "mommy's boy" and yes he was always complaining but I adored him…he made me laugh with that cute accent of his…

"Just go and make friends…of course you wont like it if you shut everybody out…go…talk to people…improve your English…lol!!!"

"hahaha..verrry funny..how can you talk to diz peopol ...zey have notiiing to talk about…zey are prehistoric men…zey do not know anything…look at dem over dere…Look! do you think dat iz normale (meaning normal)?" He pointed out at a bunch of guys playing American football beating each other up in the mud….lol…I couldn't stop laughing….he's got a point there...

Needless to say he bought a fridge to buy food and stuck it there cause the cafeteria's meal was "unmangeable" meaning "not eatable"…He phoned his family everyday to go back…He finally got his wish….They thought it was enough punishment and in less than two weeks time in this Bled de merde (meaning Country of shit) he hugged me goodbye…

(N.B please note that the slang word "Bled" comes from the Arabic word "balad"…which means country…"pays" in French…)

9 years later... Never thought of seeing Eloi again till he called me from a private number....

"Alloooo...Masha...C'est Eloi ( meaning It is Eloi)..."
"Eloi....who?"
"Eloi..rimember...summer school...I told you I might be coming....I am heeere..surprise!!!!"
"Here where? Here in Saudi...here in Riyadh?????????"
"ouuuuiiii (meaning yes)....I have a business meeting but I tought I see you also..C'est pas fantastique? (meaning isn't it fantastic)?"

No... c'est pas fantastic....It is sooo not" fantastique"...True we exchanged emails...true I told him to come and visit Saudi one of these days...But isn't it one of those social things you do and never mean...I mean how many people did you actually take contacts from and called them even less visited them... (if somebody tells me loads...I will strangle them)

Oh no this is not good...not good at all....my being polite/ social scenario is turning into a nightmare.... (to be continued)

8 comments:

Unbiased Najdi said...

'.. But isn't it one of those social things you do and never mean...I mean how many people did you actually take contacts from and called them even less visited them ..'
few if none ..
bs elmiskeen shklah naive .. ma yedri kaif elomoor mashiya 3ndina! and there was i .. thinking that europeans knew better about our culture than americans!

Anti-Demon said...

waiting eagerly to read rest of the story..

mashael alhajeri said...

lol...thanks you guys...true he is really naive and spontaneous..(sometimes in life you have to be...so that you can live new experiences...without thinking about the consequences...) but I will not say a word and let you figure out the rest in my next chapter...lol x x x

Anonymous said...

Complex delemma,
If you meet him you'll risk with society, if you don't you'll risk his frendship.
I would explain the situation to him, and see if he understands :)

Good luck on your choice

My head said...

I LOVE IT when french ppl speaks english .i think it's hot :)

HA! Entertainment said...

where's Part II? Asap please...:)

Anti-Demon said...

where are you sweetie??

mashael alhajeri said...

jirukun: you would be surprised:)

myhead: definetely!!!!!

someguyfromplanet: it is coming...

anti-demon: I am here"sweetie"!:)