Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Intro

a>Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

In my case..It takes a lot of courage, writing and thinking for that matter to start a new blog..Not only because it is a new experience but also because there will be total exposure to the world wide web...
Very reserved by nature with a tendency to be a pshycoanalyst for free this is quite a tough cookie to handle...
Anyways enough with the bashful timid first steps and more about myself...

I find it only fair if I am going to talk about personal experiences..society..and other "saudi perspective" things ..That my readers should know the basic principles about me...

My name is Mashael Alhajeri...."Masha" to my friends...very common name..very popular...and very saudi...As for my tribal family name they are what we call "badou /bedouins" another meaning for "all over the place"...actually most of the saudi families are tribal...and bedouins...and all over the place...
Since at some point of your life you will defenitely encounter an "Alhajeri"... Let it be me...

If you did not know by now (might check out that part of your brain..you know where the senses are) I am of "F" gender...yep a saudi girl!!!!l..and yes we are out there...even in blogs...(There is actually a competition going on who is the first saudi women to......But more of that later) and no I am not going to have my hand cut off for writing in an electronic device in the middle of the night...

I remember not so long ago (since I am in my early twenties:) when asked about my country...people would ponder...try to visualize a map or half a map or sometimes their own country..and then say something like "Is it close to libya?"

At that moment libya was the "IT" scene..a little bit of war...a little bit of oil..a little bit of blackmailing...Now we and our fellow neighbours (lucky us) are the "IT" hollywood big movie, 10 oscar scene...more war...more oil..and more blackmailing...

Since Saudi Arabia with its location and urban myths is know to all homosapiens even in Moba-Togo..There is no need for geographical or political weather forecast for that matter...

And let us start by my real mission here...The truth about these mythological legends and all these so called "The princess" "beneath the veil" "Saudi men are from earth and saudi women are beneath the earth" " Saudi/riyadh/jeddah/discriminated girl" novels ....

If you want the real thing? and only the real thing? you will have it...

N.B: please make note that everything that is said and will be told contains no harmful ingredients to personal reputations. For best results will leave addresses, shoe size, morning pictures, weight,numbers, names and emails anonymous. If you are saudi and persist on having a different opinion or want to share your story with us please consult Masha_ksa immediately.

7 comments:

KhadijaTeri said...

welcome to the blogosphere.... keep posting.. I'm reading!

My head said...

i will start reading u

SunShine said...

Masha,
you caught me by the first sentence. "Courage doesn't always roar...". I like your calm tone. Welcome to the blogsphere =)

"The first saudi woman to..." lol what joke. They are making a mockery of us.

Anonymous said...

I am an ALHAJRI! too!
but i am not Bedouin
Infact .. Im From KUWAIT!
and we live in Kuwait city more likely to be Mit7athreen!

Do you by any chance live in the desert?
u seem so proud of "elbidawa:

Raven said...

DUDE I'M LOVING IT.. KEEP IT UP.. AND IF YOU NEED A SAUDI GUY PERSPECTIVE THAT'S WILLING TO BE AS CANDID AS U GIMME A CALL :P

Y

mashael alhajeri said...

Thanks to all for your amazing support..my head ..sunshine...discarded youth..rvn..you people are wonderful..
kuwait: All true hajeries are originally bedouins darling..even if you live in the city..I live in riyadh...Of course I am so proud..never deny your origins and plus..true bedouins are really open minded and have bigger views of life..hell never went to a typical alhajeri wedding..? It is mixed when they dance! enjoy the blog!!!!xxxx

Ex-clamation Mark said...

Loving your blog! ;)